A guide to Shield 2FA integration with POLYGON Mainnet
Greetings to all!!
Today we again write about another moment in history, with another integration. For this historic moment everyone in the team did hard work. Outside the team, everyone in the community supported and kept their belief in the team.
First 2FA on the Multiple Blockchains is here — Shield Protocol App .
Shield Protocol App (Shield 2FA) is First 2FA to integrate blockchain (Polygon) for backup of 2FA secrets replacing centralised servers like Amazon, Google cloud, Microsoft azure etc.
This opens the gateway for more innovation on how we can utilise blockchain for daily use apps that are running on centralised servers and databases. In here we can say, Shield 2FA is using Polygon as a storage server.
How to activate Polygon mainnet to backup the 2FA secrets?
To activate 2FA backup on Polygon mainnet is a very simple procedure, still we want users to follow and understand steps right from App Download.
Note:- To activate 2FA backup on Polygon mainnet users need to have Matic in their wallet.
Step by step guide:-
2. You can login by creating New wallet or by importing wallet with private key. Click here to watch video tutorial.
3. After login you can add 2FA by simply scanning barcode in desired website (Check sample videos here) or by manually entering secrets if you have already written somewhere
4. Let’s suppose you have added 4–5 2FAs, now we will move to activate backup on Polygon mainnet.
Note:- To activate 2FA backup on Polygon mainnet users need to have Matic tokens in their wallet.
5. Go to the backup tab and click Polygon MAINNET under the Data backup option.
6. In the next window your MATIC balance will be shown with the following note.
- To enable blockchain $10 Worth of MATIC tokens will be deducted as a subscription(Lifetime).
- For txn to go through and start sync with Polygon network fees will be incurred in Matic (standard network fees).
- Once backup is started and synced to the Polygon network with the current private key, it can only be restored with the same key.
- Never share your private key with anyone. It’s your responsibility to store it securely. Company holds no obligation, if you lose your private key and its consequences.
- You won’t be charged a subscription fee again while using the same private key to Backup and restore for any number of times on any new devices. Just network fee will occur every time you do a backup.
- Confirm the action and your MATIC tokens will be deducted to initiate the backup process.
Note 2:- If you have already subscribed through private key and did backup on one blockchain, you will be allowed to use another available blockchain also, without paying subscription again for that.
For example:- As a newly created (for First time backup) Private key If you use Matic for subscription and do backup on Polygon mainnet, you get facility to backup on other available blockchains also like BSC etc)
7. Now you need to choose encryption method:-
Two tier Encryption with is less costly and have low security ( but good enough security)
Four tier Encryption with is a little bit costly ( not much costly) and has strong security.
Testing has shown to cost around < $0.1 in Two Tier Encryption and < $0.3 in Four Tier Encryption. Cost is more than regular txn cost because of Data size travelling. Encryption and security increases data size.
8. On selecting Encryption type, the next window will show your Accounts, which you need to select and then click Backup and Agree.
9. Now your secrets are secured on Blockchain (Polygon).
10. You can check your backup log by clicking the restore button. It will show all the backups you did. From the restore tab you can restore your 2FA codes when you shift to a new mobile. You just need to enter with the same private key.
11. To restore data no fees are incurred.
More videos will be released for the Backup and restore process on Blockchain.
Smile now 😊😊 !! You are using First 2FA app on the Blockchain.